Job ID: 2639
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Application Systems for a Full Time, Day position.
*We are hiring for 2 supervisors. One will support our Pharmacy Applications and the other will support our Lab Applications.
JOB SUMMARY Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Staffing and scheduling. Provides leadership, operational oversight and supervision for the applications team. Monitors application service level metrics and leading continuous service improvement initiatives. Partners with IST leaders and business partners to establish application road maps and work portfolios. Facilitates problem resolution for applications. Partners with manager and direct reports on goal setting, and professional development.
1. Link mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommend or develop plans for improvement, assure regulatory compliance
2. Recommend selection of staff, monitor and evaluate performance and accountability of staff. Evaluate competence and initiate performance improvement plans to develop staff, provide meaningful and constructive feedback.
3. Work with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
4. Review daily incident logs and weekly application service level trends, ensuring incidents are being resolved within service level objectives. Identify opportunities for service improvement and implements changes. Ensure accuracy of incident and service request data.
5. Take the lead in communicating application outages or critical incidents and facilitates resolution with internal and external staff.
6. Promotes development of strong relationships with business partners by modeling expected behaviors and providing training and coaching to relationship owners. Conducts quarterly business relationship management meeting and reports progress/metrics to management.
7. Collaborates with other PeaceHealth management team members to resolve operations issues and ensures strategic and quality goals are met; represents IST accurately and effectively at all levels of the organization; enhances personal expertise to stay current regarding services, trends and changes in technology. 8. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Information Technology, or relevant field. Equivalent education/experience may substitute for degree.
Minimum of 2 years related experience such as in Application Development, Project Management or Application Management.
Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Clinical Roles: Current license/registration/certification as required by State to practice.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Ability to lead and guide lean process improvement to assure efficiency is required.
• Ability to develop IT strategic planning, budgeting, process/project management, etc.
• Ability to support an IT infrastructure within a healthcare and/or clinical environment. Knowledge of HIPAA-compliance.
• Demonstrated experience and capabilities in ITIL or other IT service management framework. Ability to creatively apply broad, state-of-the-art technology for business problems and opportunities
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the community please visit our homepage: www.careers.peacehealth.org
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.