This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 537
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Billing/Follow-up Specialist - Commercial Billing for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.26, more depending on experience.
Responsible for all phases of billing/account follow-up using accepted billing practices to ensure thorough and consistent account resolution to promote financial health.This position ensures acceptable reimbursement and appropriate days in Accounts Receivables with timely account follow-up and resolution of outstanding charges owed by third party payors.Responsible for all areas of billing and account follow-up including claims submission, account follow-up with insurance payors, and resolution of reimbursement issues for multi-facility, multi-specialty organization.
1. Resolve insurance claim rejections/denials, and non-payment of claims by payors.
2. Identify trends in billing and follow-up, maintaining working knowledge of state and federal billing guidelines in order to identify ways in which our patients can expedite resolution of insurance accounts and identify delays in processing.
3. Responsible for drafting effective appeals to insurance companies for reimbursement of monies owed.
4. Responsible for maintaining daily account, follow-up work lists within department while maintaining organization’s productivity standards.
5. Ensure compliancy is met and process claims in accordance with contracts and policies, as well as to adjudicate claims as appropriate.
6. Responsible for identifying, researching, and resolving: credit balances, missing payments and unposted cash as it pertains to billing account follow-up.
7. Process, and maintain, within expectation, all correspondence received from patients and insurance companies as it pertains to correct and timely billing of claims, and receipt of payment.
8.Responsible for handling patient disputes and submission of issues to coding for review to ensure organizational and revenue cycle processes are followed.
9. Communicate appropriately with insurance companies, patients, co-workers and supervisors.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
SHARED SERVICES PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.