Relocation assistance is available to beautiful Ketchikan, AK
PeaceHealth is seeking an RN Care Coordinator Outpatient in our Care Management department.
Coordinates and oversees the plan of care and service of selected outpatient populations across the continuum of illness, promote effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources, and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical, financial, and satisfaction of outcomes.
- Reviews all patient data within the designated time frames to determine a plan of care that addresses the needs and problems identified and incorporating the services that are needed to enhance the current support system.
- Assesses, develops, implements and monitors a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient and family in internal and external settings.
- Assesses a patient’s functional level, their physical, cognitive, social, emotional status and their support system – family, friends, financial and environmental.
- Identifies key problems, strengths and resources to be addressed in the plan of care which may include: over or underutilization of services, need for specific service to improve health status, caregiver fatigue and burden, knowledge deficits and inability to comply with the plan of treatment.
- Facilitates the coordinated utilization of resources for maximization of health outcomes, patient/family satisfaction.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience in an ambulatory or clinic setting.
- Utilization management/quality management experience preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in Alaska.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Specialty Certification preferred.
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients’ needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts, and techniques. Such proficiency is usually acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing; any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Effective prioritization skills
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.