This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3673
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Per Diem - Relief
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Select benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Physical Therapy Assistant - Acute Therapy for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.27, more depending on experience.
Responsible for carrying out the physical therapy plan of care, toward patient-specific goals, under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist. Provides treatment to restore function, prevent disability and assist patients to achieve optimal levels of functional status. Provides oversight to students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
1. Under the supervision of the physical therapist, provides skilled physical therapy services to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the plan of treatment.
2. Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
3. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
4. Mentors and provides oversight to therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to physical therapy assistant students.
5. Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
6. Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.