PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Employee Health Lead for a Full Time, Variable position.
Establishes standards of practice in occupational health and works with the Manager to ensure responsible management of employee health concern.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met, and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules.
- Conducts post-offer immunization screenings, evaluates accident and illness incident reports, and assesses needs for education and immunizations according to specific job classifications.
- Investigates and manages exposures to blood borne pathogens as well as other exposures to contagious diseases utilizing, comprehensive case management approach.
- Maintains programs and services as required to remain in compliance with OSHA and DNV standards and mandates
- Participates in developing patient care aspects of onsite programs including development and implementation of policies and procedures to maintain the program.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new policies and programs and continuous quality improvement activities
- Leads infectious disease prevention, surveillance and post exposure treatment and follow up.
- Maintains confidential healthcare worker medical files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty Certification preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Minimum of three years of current nursing practice required, preferably in an occupational health or clinic role.
- Minimum of one year experience in lead or similar type of role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in OSHA regulations, occupational safety, occupational exposure management, injury/illness intervention and case management
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient centered work environment.
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and department needs in decision making and prioritization of work.
- Strong organizational, administrative, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer: proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Public speaking and community education program development and presentations
SHMC RIVERBEND PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 25 lbs or less
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and bodily fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.