Job ID: 3912
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Hyperbaric Technologist for a full time, day position. Hourly compensation starts at $22.96, more depending on experience.
Responsible for administering hyperbaric oxygen therapy and diagnostic testing to patients of the Hyperbaric Medicine Center under the supervision of a hyperbaric physician. All therapeutic and diagnostic modalities will be ordered by the hyperbaric physician.
1. Demonstrate a working knowledge of the policies and procedures of Hyperbaric Medicine.
2. Perform the following duties per departmental policy and physician instruction: transcutaneous oxygen monitoring testing, blood glucose monitoring, hyperbaric treatment and monitoring, dressing changes and/or wound care within scope of practice, complete and maintain patient treatment/diagnostic records, educate patient and/or patient's family as to the benefits, risks, contraindications, and safety issues of hyperbaric oxygen therapy before treatment, answer telephone inquiries and schedule patient treatment times.
3. Clean and maintain the equipment according to infection control standards. Maintain continuous quality improvement duties and chart audits. Perform an inventory check, and maintain a record of supplies and laundry items. Maintain equipment and checks backup air and oxygen supplies on a daily basis.
4. Ascertain that the patient's diagnosis is one of the appropriate approved disorders for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and that the said diagnosis is clearly entered on the patient's charts/records
5. Evaluate the patient outcome and meet with the manager and the hyperbaric physician to discuss patient treatment and adjust treatment as necessary. Consult with hyperbaric physician regarding any adverse reactions.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.