PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Home Care Services - Home Health for a Full Time, Variable position.
Manages the coordination of the activities of Home Health and/or Outpatient Hospice with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignment in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals
- Day-to-day management of services. Together with the Leadership team, ensure high quality services consistent with the mission and values of the PeaceHealth system.
- Maintain department records, policies and job profiles according to department procedures. Completes paperwork, specific projects, reports and other duties required for licensure and reimbursement to accomplish goals of the department.
- Assists with development of operational budget. Operate department within approved budgets and productivity measures and address variances.
- Supervise orientation of new caregivers. Participate in performance evaluation process with the supervisors. Administer all aspects of staff performance management and development for Home Care Services to ensure staff competency, qualifications and professional growth related to excellence in patient care.
- Operate department in compliance with regulatory agency requirements. Communicates regional, department and regulatory directives or changes to staff in a timely manner to Coordinate regulatory reporting, assessment and review in collaboration with leadership and Quality and Improvement department
- Ensures a program that is organized and responsive to regulation and educates caregivers so that quality patient care is assured.
- Effectively maintain liaison with physicians, hospital staff, patient and families and accurately completes referrals regarding home care. Attend community meetings and give public presentation to community regarding Home Care Services s.
- Work directly with supervisors to ensure that department assignments for the provision of care are commensurate with the qualifications of caregivers; are designed to meet the specific care needs of patients; and that individual goal-directed care is provided.
- Responsible for management of direct reports which may include Nurse Supervisors, Chaplain, Social Workers, Rehabilitation and support staff.
- Assist leadership in preparing annual program evaluation and presentation to Governing Board.
- Ensure regulatory requirements related to clinical record are being met.
- May participate in software user groups as required and coordination of upgrades, new versions, and document revision.
- Provides leadership and participation on related advisory boards and committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, PT, OT or SLP..
- If RN,BSN and/or MSN preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of clinical experience as an RN or as a PT, OT or SLP
- Min of three years in Home Health and/or Hospice.
- Min 2 years of leadership experience.
- Financial and budgetary knowledge preferred.
- Current licensure as RN, PT, OT, SLP as required by state for clinical practice.
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications as well as relevant clinical applications
- Ability to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary teams
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time)
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.