PeaceHealth seeks a Chief Medical Officer, in Ketchikan, AK, for a Part Time Day shift.
We seek a Healthcare Chief Medical Officer, who has a proven track record of:
- Serving as a member of the local Executive Team and participating in the design and development of the organization’s strategic plan and vision.
- Working closely with the CAO in a physician/administrator dyad formation to lead quality, patient safety and patient experience of care in the community, collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the facility stays compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Serving as a physician who represents clinical practices for the executive team.
- Working closely with medical staff leadership/committees, executives and providers to ensure alignment with strategic initiatives.
- This position will lead clinical quality improvement, patient safety and regulatory and accreditation projects/concerns within assigned communities.
- Participate in the planning, organization, and administration of general and medical policies and procedures in the hospital by membership in a variety of committees.
- Engage in patient safety support and initiatives, root cause analysis as appropriate, and assure credible action plans are resourced and completed.
- Participate in system patient safety committees to share best practices and ensure follow-up in local community.
- Support the development of protocols for high risk and/or high-volume disease processes to eliminate unnecessary variation and foster standardized approaches.
- Provide mentoring, performance reviews and oversight to appointed/employed service line medical directors. Partner with staff to elected medical staff officers in their strategies and assignments.
- Participate in annual strategic and operational planning for the community in conjunction with annual strategic and operational planning for PH system.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school and complete an accredited residency program in a medical or clinical specialty is required.
- Completion of an MBA, MHA or secondary college education in a business or health administration field is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of high-level healthcare leadership, and clinical practice experience required.
- Experience leading/partnering in multidisciplinary teams required.
- Up-to-date knowledge of changes in healthcare, emerging clinical methodologies and standards required.
- Successful experience with redesign or process work which includes community wide implementation required.
- Licensed as a Physician in the state where they will reside.
- Board-Certification required.
Top reasons to work with PeaceHealth:
- Inclusive, Mission-driven company culture.
- Providing whole person care to Alaska, Oregon and Washington since 1890.
- Competitive compensation, Benefits and Bonus potential.
For more information, please contact our Executive Recruiter, Ruth Long at [email protected].
Based in Vancouver, Wash., we are a not-for-profit health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 17,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. Visit us online at peacehealth.org to learn more about our mission.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.