PeaceHealth is seeking a Prescription Refill Coordinator - Quality & Coordination for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.00, more depending on experience.
Responsible for receiving and preparing routine prescription refill requests for provider review. May also be responsible for management of prescription assistance program applications; working closely with team members to ensure optimum utilization and cost containment. Provides clerical support and assistance to staff.
- Receives faxed and Electronic Medical Record prescription refill requests. May include controlled and/or non-controlled medications. Researches and documents information required for the provider to make an informed decision to approve or deny the refill request.
- Oversees the data entry and completion of prescription refill forms/notifications. Ensures requests are entered within 72 business hours of receipt.
- May obtain insurance pre-authorization for patients and reauthorization of medication and additional treatment. Ensures insurance carrier documentation requirements are met and refill support documentation is filed in patient’s medical record.
- Efficiently manages correspondence with patients, physicians, specialists, insurance companies. Documents pertinent information on appropriate form and/or in medical record. May notify patients of overdue office visit and necessary screenings per refill protocol through written communication.
- May assist with identifying and assisting patients with applying for prescription assistance programs. Communicates with third party payers to assure coverage of patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience working with insurance in a medical related field, or other related experience required.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications as well as other applicable computer programs.
- Experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Record), preferred.
- Knowledge of appropriate release of patient records.
- Excellent attention to detail is required.
- Ability to manage a high volume of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral/written instructions.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alpha or numeric systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, providers, patients and families.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.