PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Care Management - Social Work for a Full Time, Day position.
Manages the coordination of the activities of a business unit or department with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignment in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides direction, leadership, and management oversight of the department, including setting standards of practice.
- Participates in strategic and operational planning, implementation and evaluation to ensure effective patient Social Work Care Management in acute care, in the emergency department and in the behavioral health unit.
- Works with providers, unit managers, interdisciplinary leaders, the Manager of Care Management, as well as with legal, behavioral health and community-based agencies to ensure effective care coordination.
- Supervises staff and gives technical direction, monitors and prioritizes workflow.
- Assists with development of operational budget. Operates department within approved budgets and productivity measures and address variances.
- Manages the selection, training and development of staff. Supervises orientation of new caregivers. Participate in performance evaluation process with the supervisors. Administers all aspects of staff performance management and development to ensure staff competency, qualifications and professional growth related to excellence in patient care.
- Develops and monitors department budget. Oversees operational planning process, e.g. identifying goals, measures and targets.
- Facilitates internal and external department communication. Attends community meetings and give public presentation to community regarding Care Management/Social Work.
- Ensures adequate staffing and effective utilization of resources.
- Assures services organized and follow professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Actively works to continuously improve all services and promote work efficiencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work required.
- Minimum of five years employment in a healthcare setting or community agency dealing with health and/or welfare issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community health, welfare and social agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in social work practice.
- 2 years of leadership experience. Financial and budgetary knowledge preferred.
- WASHINGTON: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) required.
- Must be an approved Clinical Supervisor for Social Work License within two years of hire.
- Certification in Case Management highly preferred.
- Strong leadership, needs assessment, program development, program development, project management and organizational alignment skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong training and facilitation skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.