PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Emergency Department for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.84, more depending on experience. Plus generous shift, per diem and advanced education differentials.
PeaceHealth is hosting a virtual MEET & GREET June 3rd , 12 pm – 4 pm for Acute Care Registered Nurses! Meet Nurse leaders in a casual discussion to learn about the culture of our Mission-based organization and nursing positions in Oregon. Register today so we can send you a personal, 30 minute meeting invite: https://bit.ly/2SenEOf. We look forward to meeting you!
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. Will be required to float between Medicine and Emergency units as requested/required and maintain competencies for both units.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.
- One year experience as a registered nurse preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse licensure required by date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Specialty certifications preferred
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS – COTTAGE GROVE
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.