PeaceHealth is seeking a Coding Reviewer - Hospital Coding for a Full Time, Day position.
Acts as an expert resource for auditing and training in support of accuracy and appropriateness of coding using ICD-10 and CPT industry and PeaceHealth standards.
- Performs chart/ coding audits as required by Coding System regulatory policies and procedures and according to established internal coding audit plan. Participates in development of action plans to include follow up education on identified issues with subsequent audit and reassessment.
- Develops training materials and curriculum for Coding, Physician, external vendor and CDI caregivers.
- Serves as an expert resource for ICD-10/CPT as it affects coding, billing, compliance and charge capture and reimbursement. Assists with re-training efforts as a result of coding errors found. Delivers training and standards as directed.
- May reviews RAC and other regulatory denials and provides feedback, preliminary audit findings and appeal strategies to the Regulatory Audit and Training Manager and the System Coding Leadership team.
- May work in tandem with HIM & PHMG Coding Review team to identify aberrant coding patterns and trends.
- Provides coding support to PeaceHealth entities as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of formal coding program or combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- Minimum of three years acute or professional coding and/or auditing experience required.
- Knowledge including, as appropriate, ICD-10, DRG methodology and HCPCS/CPT coding, regulatory Medicare, Medicaid and third party regulations.ICD-10 certification/knowledge preferred.
- CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or other HIM recognized, related credential required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including sensitivity to other cultures and ethnicities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Previous training experience and curriculum design a plus.
- Must possess excellent ability for conceptual thinking, good listening, problem resolution and planning skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate computer skills in Outlook and Microsoft Office, and other graphic design tools. Knowledge of PeaceHealth EHR and SM/3M software preferred.
- Ability to work with basic office equipment.
- Ability to work well independently and in a remote environment.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
SYSTEM SERVICES PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.