Job ID: 4248
Location: Florence, OR
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Diabetes Educator for a part time, 0.8 FTE , day shift position.
This position is responsible for providing individualized or group, goal directed diabetes management education for patients and their families according to the Scope of Practice, Standards of Practice, and Standards of Professional performance for Diabetes Educators.
1. Collaboratively develops educational goals, learning objectives and a plan for education content and teaching methods for program participants.
2. Provides diabetes self-management training to patients in the clinic setting. Develops an individualized follow-up plan with each patient.
3. Evaluates effectiveness of educational services provided by measuring attainment of learning objectives. Conducts a follow-up assessment upon completion of the program.
4. Documents patient care in the medical record according to standards.
5. Participate in the development of training materials. Contributes to and participates in continuous quality improvement processes.
6. Evaluates ability to obtain diabetic medications and testing equipment and related supplies.
7. Maintain and update education materials and keeping current with operational guidelines of glucometers.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.