Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Service Lines - Cardiovascular Admin for a Full Time, Day position.
Directs, controls and is accountable for assigned Service Lines. Develops long and short-term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction. Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
Responsible for providing operational leadership and for planning, developing and directing patient care programs and related capital projects for assigned area.
- Provides leadership for operational effectiveness, clinical excellence and personnel management. Supervises staff for assigned services and programs across multiple geographies and multiple departments. Leads all hospital departments and co-leads all assigned/associated PHMG clinics.
- Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired outcomes in collaboration with medical directors, leadership, department chairs and medical staff.
- Provides fiscal and business planning that promotes revenue enhancements and cost efficiency. Develops, implements and monitors operating and capital budgets. Accountable for meeting budgetary and operational targets as defined by triple aim outcomes
- Directs recruitment, training and evaluation of personnel in collaboration with hospital and PHMG.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts that promote clinical excellence, revenue enhancement and cost efficiency. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, department managers, staff and customers that lead to measurable improvement in patient care outcomes, efficiency and customer service.
- Supports clinical processes that assure patient safety. Accountable for knowledge of and for achieving or exceeding national benchmarks and patient safety goals for scope of accountability.
- Ensures regulatory compliance for all areas of responsibility.
- Monitors, communicates, and works to improve patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates new patient care programs and practice models including identification of clinical objectives, capital and other resource requirements, expected operating revenues and expenses, allocation of space and organization of program personnel and other operation components.
- In alignment with established strategic initiatives; creates effectives outreach programs in order to meet the needs of patients in secondary and tertiary market areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in healthcare field.
- Master’s degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- If RN: Clinical licensure in the state of practice within two months of hire as required in order to practice.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Effective communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, lead change, remain current with healthcare environment changes and translate those changes into operational plans to discern and interpret the potential impact on assigned departments/community (s).
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- CV Services: This position is an integral part of the System CV Operations Council (SCVHOC). Responsible for operational targets for all assigned areas of responsibility and expected to work with and assist other SCVHOC members in obtaining good outcomes for the whole organization. Under the supervision of System leadership, will make decisions affecting strategy, implementation and management of resources and will problem solve operational issues involving medical staff and physician practices.
- St. John Medical Center: Provides oversight for both inpatient and outpatient Hemodialysis. St. Joseph Medical Center, Emergency Department Service Line Director
- This position is responsible for providing operational leadership and for planning, developing and directing patient care programs and related capital projects for Emergency/Trauma Care, and Emergency Preparedness. This position will be an integral part of the Regional Hospital Operations Council (RHOC). Will be responsible for operational targets for all areas of contrail and will be expected to work with and assist other RHOC members to get to good outcomes for the whole organization. Under the supervision of executive leadership, will make decisions affecting strategy, implementation and management of resources and will problem solve operating issues involving medical staff and physician practices
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.