PeaceHealth is seeking a Provider Coding Specialist for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $20.88, more depending on experience.
Responsible for ensuring accurate and consistent procedural/diagnostic coding and documentation, timely and complete charge capture, and correction/resolution of insurance claim denials and patient disputes due to coding issues.
- Processes billing system claim edits and reviews CPT/ICD-10 coding and medical record documentation submitted by providers for accuracy prior to billing.
- Reviews claims denied due to coding issues and makes corrections/recommendations for corrections.
- Assists providers and PFS billing/reimbursement staff with coding questions.
- Researches coding/compliance issues utilizing regulatory and medical informational resources.
- Collaborates with other coding staff to identify trends and issues with provider coding practices and edits, reviews monthly edit and denial reports to make recommendations for provider and staff education.
- Assists in preparation and distribution of provider education materials and participates in provide/staff individual group education presentations regarding coding issues.
- Participates in departmental and cross-regional meetings and projects involving coding/billing and helps develop forms/process for use in clinics.
- Maintains communication and relationships with PFS billing and reimbursement management and staff regarding issues affecting coding and charge capture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, diseases, procedures and therapies.
- Minimum of one year of experience in physician professional coding in a medical care facility, billing office or medical records department preferred.
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder); Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) or CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based), RHIT or RHIA preferred. If not currently certified, must obtain within one year of employment.
- Proficiency in coding Professional Inpatient and/or Ambulatory Care, Emergency Department and Outpatient medical records with ICD-10 CM and CPT4 classification systems with expertise in one or more specialty area.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Adept and proficient in windows based computer environment with respect to coding software systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- Familiarity with medical billing software and electronic medical record preferred.
SHARED SERVICES PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. extended periods of sitting while reviewing records and entering clinical data into a computer monitor where noise level is moderate.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate or pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.