Job ID: 4403
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Ophthalmic Assistant for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.69, more depending on experience.
Responsible for assisting the Ophthalmologist or Optometrist in providing office based patient care as directed. Responsible for performing all clerical and information technology functions for the physician during patient visits in the clinic. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health record and electronic dictation system. Required to anticipate physician needs to facilitate the flow of clinic. Must be discreet, tactful, and modest in performance of duties so as not to distract medical staff from patient care.
1. Room patients, obtain medical history, and update patient’s record.
2. Perform testing as required and/or directed including refraction as necessary.
3. Record data for physician during visit. Accompanies physician/provider during the patient examination in order to transcribe in the medical record (EMR) the nature of the patient visit. This includes accurately and thoroughly documenting medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician.
4. Collect, organize and catalog data for physician quality reporting system and other quality improvement efforts and format for submission. Assist in developing and maintaining systems to track patient follow up and compliance.
5. Perform dictation/faxing/phone calls and other related clerical tasks.
6. Prepare exam rooms. Room stocking, maintaining inventory of supplies.
7. Contact lens dispensing, instill ocular medications.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHMG Eye Care – Vancouver:
PHMG PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.