This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4241
Location: Bellingham, WA
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Part-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN First Assistant - Orthopedic Surgery. Hourly compensation starts at $40.68, more depending on experience.
This position will work 3 days per week with alternating weekend coverage
Assists the surgeon with specific intraoperative procedures that are beyond the scope of practice for registered nurses without RNFA education and training. May provide direct care to patients using the nursing process preoperatively, intraoperatively and postoperatively. Intraoperatively, the RNFA functions interdependently with the surgeon and applies knowledge, skill, and judgment necessary to assist the surgeon in performing a safe operation that yields optimal results for the patient.
1. Collaborates with other health team members to develop, coordinate and implement a perioperative plan of care unique to individual patient needs.
2. Maintains dignity of the patient while assuming the responsibility of patient advocate.
3. Skillfully applies principles of asepsis and infection control.
4. Has excellent knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology and operative technique specific to operative procedures to work in collaboration with the surgeon.
5. Recognizes safety hazards and initiates appropriate preventative and/or corrective actions to ensure a safe environment for the patient and surgical team throughout the perioperative experience.
6. Preparation and administration of medications perioperatively, as directed by the surgeon and anesthesiologist.
7. Provides exposure through appropriate use of instruments, retractors, suctioning and sponging techniques.
8. Evaluates the outcomes of nursing care and ensures continuity of care by communicating pertinent patient information to staff.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.