PeaceHealth is seeking a part-time Medical Assistant for the Clinical Float Pool. Hourly compensation starts at $18.62, more depending on experience.
This position works 3 days per week.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregivers to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate’s degree in Allied Health).
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- New grad Medical Assistants are welcome and make a great addition to our team
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- State of Washington Medical Assistant – certified licensure required.
- State of Washington Medical Assistant – Interim Certified credential accepted. Caregiver must obtain Medical Assistant- Certified (Non-Interim) credential within 12 months of date of issuance of interim credential by the State of Washington
- National Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred
Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily. (Certain locations may) Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR). (Certain locations may) Requires the use of an N-95 mask
Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.