PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Retail Specialty Pharmacy for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for managing all aspects of the retail and specialty pharmacy services across PeaceHealth, ensuring effective operations, regulatory compliance and strong program financial performance. Collaborates with Finance. Assists in the budget planning process. Optimizes workflow, employee productivity and patient satisfaction. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignment in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Serves as primary internal and external program liaison for all Specialty Pharmacy related matters.
- Analyzes drug utilization within the employee health plan and identifies areas to optimize services and cost-effective care.
- Identifies and implements strategies to leverage the 340B program appropriately for retail pharmacy services.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to expand services, create new business, and improve profitability.
- Develops and maintains internal relationships (hospital, PHMG, accounting, legal, medical staff) and external relationships (wholesalers, manufacturers, contract pharmacies, community physicians, and third-party administrator (TPA) vendors) as needed.
- Engages with senior leadership and participates in decision-making processes related to retail pharmacy services.
- Develops and maintains compliance audit program.
- Contributes processes and materials to promote programs or support the goals of the department and institution.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are developed and implemented according to organizational, regional, national, state, and federal requirements and guidelines and are approved by the institution’s legal department.
- Acts as a liaison to the department of pharmacy and regional facilities as well as with the organization’s purchasing office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS/PharmD degree.
- M.S., M.H.A., or M.B.A. preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a licensed pharmacist.
- Minimum of two years of leadership and specialty pharmacy experience.
- Knowledge of retail pharmacy pricing, inventory and billing systems.
- Currently licensed or able to obtain Registered Pharmacist license to practice pharmacy in the state in which caregiver will be working.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with others to meet team goals.
- Ability to read and apply regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Computer skills to include data entry and data analysis.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of retail practices and inventory control of pharmaceuticals preferred.
- Good mathematical skills
- Knowledge of special pharmacy operations within a health-system preferred.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.