PeaceHealth is seeking a Instrument Coordinator - Sterile Processing for a Full Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.46, more depending on experience.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Responsible for the coordination and management of surgical instrumentation to support maintaining and operation of inventory for all current, consigned, and loaned instrument trays; manages Instrument Tracking software to include troubleshooting, data entry, and staff education; and collaborating with Surgical Services Specialty Charge Nurses and all other unit leaders in the allocation and maintenance of instrumentation.
- Manages the development and maintenance of Instrument Tracking software, as well as monitoring repairs and down time for broken or missing instruments. Troubleshoots software issues and maintains work orders.
- Manage ingress and egress of all loaned and consigned instrumentation in collaboration with company vendors, Charge Nurses and other institutions.
- Manage sterilization parameters for all owned, loaned, and consigned instrumentation according to manufacture Instructions for Use (IFU). Train Caregivers on IFU sterilization parameter and cleaning process updates/changes.
- In collaboration with Specialty Charge Nurses, provide support for clinical education on new instrumentation for proper cleaning, assembly, and sterilization.
- In concert with Manager, develop policies for care, handling, and transport of all owned, loaned and consigned instrumentation. Report vendor noncompliance and maintain accountability.
- Support front line Caregivers in use and application of Instrument Tracking software. Assist in management of inventory system downtime.
- Collaborate with Specialty Charge Nurses, Sterile Processing, Material Management team, and other clinical stakeholders to facilitate the timely and accurate ordering of instrumentation. Maintain records of Instrumentation budgets for the Operating Room and Sterile Processing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years in a Sterile Processing field with experience in all surgical specialties.
- Strong leadership skills and prior experience managing assets or systems highly desired.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Current CRCST license in state of practice.
- CIS (Certified Instrument Specialist) required within one year of hire.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with many interruptions.
- Knowledgeable of surgical instrumentation.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office and other related software applications.
- Strong communication skills.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.