PeaceHealth is seeking a Gift Shop Manager - Volunteer Services for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for all aspects of the Gift Shop through effective planning, purchasing, merchandising, marketing, sales performance, inventory management, reporting and coordination of the volunteer staff. Advocates philanthropic support opportunities including development of key stakeholder relationships.
- Develops and recommends department operating budget with provisions for expenditures. Participate with department leadership in setting goals and objectives to ensure the attainment of the hospital’s revenue goals and financial stability. Implement change as needed to maintain or improve fiscal productivity. Assures adequate financial documentation, including preparation and submission of financial reports to key stakeholders. Responsible for buying, stocking and pricing all merchandise in order to maximize revenue and efficient use of resources.
- Plans, schedules, and organizes all aspects of operations; markets and promotes the Gift Shop both internally and externally. Responsible for efficient merchandise tracking system and inventory controls; coordinates an attractive physical environment for optimal sales appeal; coordinates in-house advertising of all sales and promotional activity. Coordinates and schedules all vendor sales. Ensures department policies and procedures are current and reviews annually for necessary modifications.
- Provides resource management by monitoring and recommending staffing levels to assure appropriate coverage and works with department leadership in the recruitment and hiring of volunteers and/or caregivers. Responsible for training, scheduling, oversight of work performed and that performance standards are met. May be responsible for annual evaluations or provide feedback on performance for annual evaluations.
- Oversees the purchase of a variety of merchandise in support of departments, patients, staff, and the community needs.
- Maintaining effective communication with caregivers, volunteers and customers to maintain optimal performance; identify operational problems in a timely manner and report to department leadership; actively participate in disseminating and receiving information for enhancement of services and products provided and convey appropriate information in a timely and efficient manner.
- Promotes and provides positive direction for the Gift Shop by contributing ideas, problem solving and working cooperatively with other key stakeholders; collaborates in all Gift Shop operational initiatives and/or growth modifications; develops strong working relationships; contributes to initiatives as a supportive team member; maintains the PeaceHealth Mission, Vision and Values in daily interactions; responds to the challenges of managing the Gift Shop in a positive and supportive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Specialized training in retail and wholesale operations is required or equivalent education and/or experience which provide the requisite skills and knowledge for this role.BS in Business, Marketing, or Public Relations is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in retail, gift shop management, buying and/or marketing is required, including experience managing staff.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work with the public in a positive and supportive manner; service attitude.
- Experience working in a diverse population serving a variety of customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals and manuals
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient in MS Office applications specifically Word, Excel & Publisher
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to train volunteers in all Gift Shop operations
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Proficient with Point of Sale (POS), Quick Books, or similar retail software
- Produces monthly reports for the Central Auxiliary to St. Joseph Medical Center, Volunteer Services and Financial Services
- Strong working relationship with the Central Auxiliary Board at St. Joseph Medical Center and the oversight committee.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.