Job ID: 4613
Location: Florence, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Infection Preventionist for a Full Time, Day position.
Assure that PeaceHealth implements best practices and processes to reduce and eliminate hospital acquired infections, incorporates appropriate vaccination and prevention strategies, and accurate methods of surveillance and reporting of infection rates. Accountable to achieve all PeaceHealth Infection Prevention goals. Ensures that PeaceHealth meets or exceeds all regulatory and accreditation requirements associated with infection control. Responsible, in collaboration with other health care team members, for the surveillance of healthcare acquired infections; educating caregivers about infection prevention; and developing policies and procedures to ensure rigorous infection prevention and control standards to reduce the risk of infection to patients, visitors, and caregivers. Assures compliance with external agency guidelines including accreditation bodies, OSHA, State Epidemiology and Public Health Department, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) requirements.
1. Implement operational strategies to prevent infections and prevent the spread of infectious illnesses. Develop and implement infection prevention strategies for patient care units and outpatient areas within scope of work. Participate in the development of the infection prevention program, and identification of action plans to reduce risk from hospital acquired infections.
2. Develops and maintains a system standardized surveillance program, identifying patients who have health care acquired infections and communicable diseases.
3. Provide expert resources on topics related to infection prevention.
4. Regularly assess the infection prevention practices of staff caring for patients. Provide education for caregivers on current infection prevention practices.
5. Facilitate ongoing review and assist with updating and implementation of policies and procedures relating to infection prevention. Assure implementation of regulations as determined by federal, state, and accreditation agencies relative to infection prevention requirements.
6. Accurately collect, analyze, and report infection data based on risk assessment and regulatory requirements
7. Identify and implement infection prevention and control strategies re: hand hygiene, cleaning, disinfection and sterilization, risks associated with therapies and diagnostic procedures and devices, recalls, barrier precautions, use of patient care products and equipment, and the influx of patients with communicable diseases.
8. Analyze infections and may validate surveillance conducted by others.
9. Consults with architects and facilities leaders for remodeling and new construction to assure designs meet or exceed infection prevention requirements and standards, and to prepare Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) for work to be done
10. Assesses the environment of care. Implements control measures as indicated.
11. Participates in the development of a risk assessment and plan in conjunction with state and local public health resources, other infection preventionists and supervisors.
12. Takes action as needed, in emergent situations to establish control and spread of outbreak.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Resides within the community or system office as needed. Willing to travel as required to support community infection prevention needs.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.