Job ID: 4422
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Part-time benefits
Join our Respiratory Therapists team in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. $2000 sign on bonus and relocation assistance available!
Springfield is in the Willamette Valley nestled between two rivers. Just two hours or less to Portland, OR, the Oregon Coast and high desert, there are ample opportunities for outdoor activities such as: camping, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting and winter sports.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Riverbend is a State-of-the-art tertiary, Level II Trauma Center and our team of 85+ Respiratory Therapists at Sacred Heart Riverbend work on clinical floors and pediatrics.
There are additional opportunities to work in:
PeaceHealth proudly provides:
Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
* Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
* Participates in in-house educational in-services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and work-shops, as requested by Manager.
* Participates in various intermittent department tasks including; audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
* Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics and radiology findings. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
* Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway and life support.
* Acts as a clinical resource on procedures and standards for staff and physicians. Monitors staff compliance.
* Directs patient care activities on the unit for the shift by making/adjusting staff assignments to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
* May act as a member of trauma, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rapid response teams.
* May become trained as a core therapist in an ICU or diagnostics area (e.g. PFT or Sleep Lab) to meet department needs.
* Responsible for ventilator and Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NPPV) management including ensuring safe, evidences based setting with appropriate changes.
* Previous leadership experience preferred.
* NRP certification required for therapists working in the NICU.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Technical Program
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements. Must pass the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist exam within 6 months of hire. (Not applicable to PeaceHealth Southwest Clinic setting).
* Respiratory Care Program
* Respiratory Care Practitioner - Oregon
* Basic Life Support
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program
Hospital or Sleep Center setting:
-Two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred.
-Experience in ICU, NICU, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics preferred.
-One year of experience in a pulmonary function lab preferred.
-Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
-Proficient with MS Office applications.
-Must be able to set up, operate, and trouble shoot all respiratory or pulmonary function related equipment, as applicable, in a quick and efficient manner.
-Must be able to quickly assess acute, critical care situations and respond with a decisive and appropriate course of action.
-Good time management skills.
Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants, extreme cold or heat, sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time). Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.