This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4198
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Part-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Monitor Technician - Telemetry for a Part Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.32, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for obtaining and interpreting cardiac physiological monitoring data, documenting any changes in arrhythmias and reporting and problems to a registered nurse or physician. Also responsible for assessing and maintaining equipment to ensure proper function.
* Assist physicians in viewing rhythm history.
* Observe monitors continually, detecting and documenting any changes in heart rhythm and arrhythmias according to department standards. Identify and interpret EKG and relay pertinent information to physician or nurse according to department standards.
* Operate the appropriate monitoring device in accordance with physician orders. Expert at using all functions of central monitoring equipment.
* Orient staff to central monitoring capability and role of Monitor Tech.
* Perform clerical duties as assigned which may include: processing admissions, discharges and transfers; physician order entry.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma
Education equivalent experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Completion of Nurse Aide, Medical Assistant or equivalent program preferred. Completion of EKG class, monitoring equipment class, and order entry class within 1 month of hire.
* Basic Life Support
-Experience in healthcare setting preferred. Prefer work within cardiology specialty.
-Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
-Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
-Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
-Basic knowledge of anatomy/physiology of the heart.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 30 lbs. Job duties may require intense concentration or attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.