PeaceHealth is seeking a Sustainability Coordinator for a Part Time, Day position.
This position will develop and lead a sustainability program at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center. This includes general environmental, sustainable product procurement, waste elimination, toxicity reduction, energy and water improvement and environmental health and quality improvement. This position will be responsible for tracking and benchmarking all environmental programs, coordination of environmental programs between departments and represents the organization’s environmental initiatives with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Chairs PHSW Green Team. Researches, directs analysis of, reviews data and advises Green Team relative to long- and short-range sustainability goals and projects. Provides quarterly reports to Executive Team on PHSW Green Team activities and goals.
- Serves as liaison between local sustainability groups or projects and administration and professional staff. Works with Communications to develop a strategy for communicating organization’s commitment and progress toward sustainability to caregivers, community, system and nationally.
- Reviews, revises, recommends, and implements sustainable practices as appropriate. Consistently evaluates areas to strengthen partnerships, protocols, research, education, and marketing. Addresses ongoing sustainability needs.
- Develops and maintains a program website content, educational materials and a Sustainability Annual Outcomes report and/or associated reports.
- Analyzes and assesses current operating procedures, materials, and methods; anticipates and implements changes or modifications based on sustainability goals. Performs life cycle assessments and cost analyses of proposed modifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Sustainability, Environmental Studies, Agriculture, Business, or another related field
- Two years of successful sustainability program design and sustainability program implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects independently and solve poorly defined problems
- Commitment to understanding and valuing individual differences and ability to foster an environment of acceptance, fairness and mutual respect
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate with caregivers and community members at all levels in a respectful, supportive, positive, objective manner, keeping the issues at the forefront of the discussion. Demonstrated ability to work on problem solving as a process issue, not a personality issue
- Facilitation change management and group process skills
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate outcomes and recommend actions
- Organizational skills: time management, self-motivation, project management, priority setting.
- Understanding of cost-benefit analysis in selection of sustainable business strategies. Knowledge of financial planning, including budget development, consultant contract review and project budgeting
- Familiarity and understanding of Safety, Lean Management, the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) standards, the Green Guidelines for Health Care, and basic environmental compliance for healthcare
- Ability to utilize a network of sustainable business resources
- Knowledge of waste and inefficiencies common to the healthcare setting
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
SW Medical Center: This position is funded for a one-year start-up period through the PHSW Foundation. Ongoing support for the position will be linked to the success in demonstrating progress in meeting program goals.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical effort up to 33% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 20 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.