PeaceHealth is seeking a Cook - Nutrition Services for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.69, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling to plan, prepare and cook food according to recipe and production standards to support the hospital patients, medical staff, caregivers, volunteers and visitors.
- Accurately follow and prepare recipes.
- Prepare hot and cold food according to the recipe and following production and food styling guidelines taking into consideration customer/patient counts.
- Maintain proper food handling techniques. Properly clean and sanitize work station according to safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Organize, calculate and produce food production.
- Maintain appropriate records according to regulatory and departmental standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as cook in a hospital or full service kitchen preferred or combination of experience and formal culinary training that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit on file with Food Service Department.
- Culinary certificate preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation
- Ability to work well with others
- Proficient in MS Office applications
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
United General Medical Center:
- May be responsible for processing all diet orders (including tube feeding), building patient menus according to diet orders while working alongside the Dietitian.
- May be responsible to personally visit each patient to insure accuracy for every meal.
- May be responsible for computer charting methods to communicate clarification on individual patient needs related to food accuracy and prompt delivery.
UNITED GENERAL - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.