PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Assistant for a Per Diem/Relief position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.00, more depending on experience.
This position generally works up to 20 hours per week as needed.
Responsible for receiving and preparing routine prescription refill requests for provider review. May also be responsible for management of prescription assistance program applications; working closely with team members to ensure optimum utilization and cost containment. Provides clerical support and assistance to staff.
- Receives faxed and Electronic Medical Record prescription refill requests. May include controlled and/or non-controlled medications. Researches and documents information required for the provider to make an informed decision to approve or deny the refill request.
- Oversees the data entry and completion of prescription refill forms/notifications. Ensures requests are entered within 72 business hours of receipt.
- May obtain insurance pre-authorization for patients and reauthorization of medication and additional treatment. Ensures insurance carrier documentation requirements are met and refill support documentation is filed in patient’s medical record.
- Efficiently manages correspondence with patients, physicians, specialists, insurance companies. Documents pertinent information on appropriate form and/or in medical record. May notify patients of overdue office visit and necessary screenings per refill protocol through written communication.
- May assist with identifying and assisting patients with applying for prescription assistance programs. Communicates with third party payers to assure coverage of patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience working with insurance in a medical related field, or other related experience required.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications as well as other applicable computer programs.
- Experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Record), preferred.
- Knowledge of appropriate release of patient records.
- Excellent attention to detail is required.
- Ability to manage a high volume of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral/written instructions.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alpha or numeric systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, providers, patients and families.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.