PeaceHealth is seeking a Cardiovascular Technologist Lead - Cath Lab for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $42.31, more depending on experience.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area.Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
Uses a variety of specialized equipment in assisting the physician in the performance of all invasive procedures resulting in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac and peripheral vascular disease.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Assists physician in performing invasive procedures. Performs related radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging techniques to demonstrate catheter location, position and document findings.
- Scrubs in for handling guide wires, catheter, administering contrast injections, and flushing catheters.
- Performs pre-procedural patient care activities.
- Monitors and records patient’s condition and procedures’ progress. Retrieves and reviews patient data.
- Prepares and maintains sterile field.
- Operates and maintains clinical equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in Cardiac Cath Lab required.
- Prefer previous experience working in a hospital setting.
- Current license/registration/certification as required by State to practice (see Location Specific Notes for PHSW).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Current RCIS certification
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications required.
- Cardiovascular Technologist with only on-the job training must have a minimum of 2 years of Interventional Cardiovascular hospital experience. RCIS, ACLS, BLS.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills required.
- Complete understanding of vascular and related organ anatomy.
- Ability to interact within a variable environment; good team dynamics.
- Ability to multi-task and self-lead problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate precision and flexibility.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- RCIS is not required in Oregon region.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per day or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.