Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Emergency Department for a Full Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $36.38, more depending on experience.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required at date of hire
- A minimum of 1 year as a primary clinical provider in the ER setting is preferred.
- RN's with prior clinical practice, New Grad RN's withprior experience in other emergency type situations, paramedic, EMS etc will also be taken into consideration.
- The ability to work in an intermittently fast paced, high volume, high-risk environment is required.
- IV Skills for all ages required.
- Computer charting required.
- ABG experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate independent management of cardiac, critical care, complex care med/surg, psychiatric, and multiple trauma patients of all age groups
- Demonstrated competence in area of expertise.
- State of Alaska RN
- BLS from the American Heart Association Required
- Current ACLS and PALS required at date of hire or be renewed at next available class locally.
- Telemetry experience.
- Current TNCC and ENPC or renew when next available course locally.
- CEN preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift, push, pull objects weighing 75 lbs or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work may involve exposure to hazardous medication and/or chemicals and sharp instruments.
- Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 34-65% of work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.