Are you a leader and a role model with a passion for advancing clinical practice to achieve better patient outcomes? If so, PeaceHealth is looking for a Clinical Nurse Educator in Special Care Nursery and/or Pediatric . You will collaborate with other clinical educators and clinical nurse specialists across the system to: develop, coordinate and implement nursing, nursing support, inter-professional orientation, in-service education, and staff development programs to promote safe and effective patient-centered care.
Knowing and value attainment of care standards for direct care within patient care services, PHMG, and or Ambulatory care Services.
- Acts as a resource to all caregivers regarding nursing, professional practice and use of equipment/ supplies in area of expertise.
- Assists in the design and implementation of nursing education programs, activities or new process/equipment using PeaceHealth training standards, processes, templates and course documentation forms.
- Participates on teams and partners on development of standardized cross-regional clinical, nursing or quality guidelines, protocols or training curriculum in area of expertise.
- Coordinates and provides department-specific orientation for newly hired nursing and clinical staff.
- Conducts learning needs assessment, facilitates practice and process changes in assigned area of expertise.
- Evaluates competency and identifies team or individual caregiver performance gaps.
- Designs learning experiences and action plans to assist those requiring remediation to meet competency expectations.
- Researches best practice to promote evidence-based practice.
- Assesses caregiver engagement, patient quality indicators and evaluates education effectiveness to achieve clinical excellence.
- Ensures training and competency are documented using standard tools and learning management systems (LMS).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a RN.
- RN experience in Pediatrics and/or Special Care Nursery and/or Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Minimum of three years of recent experience in an education or in an equivalent Preceptor role setting to varied audiences.
- Acute Care RN experience preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- MSN or M.Ed. preferred.
- Nursing specialty certification preferred
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Certification in Nursing Professional Development preferred
- ACLS required at date of hire
- CCRN preferred
NICU and Women’s Service Educator:
- NRP required at date of hire
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.