PeaceHealth is seeking a System VP Applications for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for the portfolio of business and clinical applications, integration technologies, application disciplines, analytics services and associated resources. This position is accountable for ensuring that the organization's applications meet the ongoing and evolving business and IT requirements effectively. Oversees all activities that optimize the value, cost and risk of applications.
- Provides leadership, vision and direction to the applications organization to ensure it will contribute to PeaceHealth achieving its goals. Works with CIO and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy. Manages application division leaders to lead caregivers, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Develops productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Defines and enhances methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Ensures that applications processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with organization integrity, policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Implements and manages application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Manages relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Ensures the applications cost-effectively meet the needs of the business by oversight of the technical and business fitness of the application portfolio and their associated costs and risks. Works with stakeholders to accomplish this application work in a way that improves the business and technical fitness of the application portfolio and minimizes its ongoing support costs.
- Facilitates the application governance process to gain consensus on a prioritized set of measurable business outcomes that applications must support.Works with stakeholders and the application governance council to define a prioritized set of business outcomes and application work to accomplish those outcomes within the limitations of the application budget.
- Oversees the application organization's successful delivery of the required business outcomes in partnership with business colleagues to ensure that business outcomes are achieved; leads coordination of support activities in conjunction with infrastructure and operations to ensure the applications perform well in production.
- Works with the system director, information security/integrity to ensure that the organization's applications are effectively secured and that risks are mitigated.
- Leads day-to-day management of the application organization (including staffing, budgeting and other relevant management functions) and is required to hold all application delivery teams accountable for optimizing the cost, risk and value of applications throughout their life cycle.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Clinical Informatics or related field required; comparable experience and expertise which provides the incumbent the requisite skills, knowledge and ability to successfully perform the responsibilities of this job may be considered.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in application architecture, project management, software integration, automated software testing, data management/governance, business intelligence, security and business process analysis.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership experience:
- building cross-organizational consensus with exposure to technology providers and/or business clients;
- Large, diverse application development, implementation or management teams
- liaising with middle and senior management.
- Significant experience in the healthcare sector.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- High levels of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risks and costs.
- Calmness and clarity of thought while under pressure.
- Ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to lead, enable and motivate teams by providing advice and guidance in a nonjudgmental fashion.
- An understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives.
- Openness to, and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, processes and technologies.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement.
- Experience and Deep Knowledge:
- Financial accounting and reporting practices applicable to applications, costs and risks.
- IT contracts and their likely cost implications.
- Engagement with procurement and legal contract advisors for additional information.
- IT applications, operations, service and support organizations.
- Data processing, analysis and quality management tools.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.