PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Enterostomal Therapy for a Part Time, Day position.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care for patients with wound, ostomy and continence needs in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Provides both education and clinical interventions that promote patient independence and self care.
- Provide direct patient care. Assess patient and develop plan of care. Communicates with health care team to support case management of patients.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Develops, delivers, and evaluates education programs for patients, staff and community. Serves as resource to physicians, staff and community.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Product recommendation and involvement in committees and projects in area of expertise.
- Supports the pressure ulcer prevention program. Updates Pressure Ulcer Policy and Procedure, monitors specialty bed utilization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1.5 years nursing experience.
- Acute care experience preferred.
- One year working with wound, ostomy and continence patients preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Certification as a Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (WOCN) through the WOCN Society or able to obtain within 18 months of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications and other applicable clinical applications.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network:
- Minimum certification in Wound and Ostomy Care (CWON) through the WOCN Society or able to obtain within 18 months of hire.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS – RIVERBEND:
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. on a regular basis, push/pull, bend/twist/stoop, walking/standing/sitting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.