PeaceHealth Family Medicine of Southwest Washington (FMSW) is seeking a new faculty member who has a passion for shaping the future of medical care and preparing residents for a career in Family Medicine. Position is available due to retirement of long-term faculty member.
Ideally, the selected candidate (MD/DO) would be interested in OB and rounding in maternal child, AND/OR adult inpatient settings, AND/OR have OMT experience.
FMSW is an unopposed, community-based, University of Washington School of Medicine-affiliated residency program located in Vancouver, Washington (Portland metro area). It is sponsored by PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- 25-year running program
- Join 24 residents, 21 practicing faculty physicians and 3 physician assistants in clinical practice
- NCQA Level III Medical Home; embedded LCSW, Pharmacist, and Behavioral Health PhD
- EPIC EMR
- Program founders are still leading the program with 100% Board pass rate
- Robust benefits: 2 medical plans, dental, vision, retirement programs, CME allotment plus STFM and AAFP dues, employment bonus, relocation, educational loan reimbursement (for those whom qualify), malpractice insurance, etc.
- Washington state has no state income tax.
Why you’ll love Vancouver:
- Providers are deeply integrated into the community and a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Vancouver has a robust, independent city with over 160,000 people with the additional advantage of being part of the Portland, Oregon metro area.
- Vancouver is the county seat in Clark County named for the Lewis and Clark expedition
- The temperate climate in eastern Washington and Oregon nurtures beautiful landscapes, bountiful fruit and vegetable harvests, and world famous flowers such as tulips and roses.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mt. Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending outdoor recreation options in the Pacific Northwest
- The metro area has world class cuisine, wine, and beer which are mostly locally produced and sourced.
- Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Coast, and 160 miles to Seattle.
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed hospital with a Level II trauma center. They are one of the largest employer in Clark County.
- Last year there were more than 224k outpatient clinic visits
- Over 600 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally.
For more information, please contact:
Kim Dianich, Sr. Provider Recruiter
[email protected] / (360) 729-1409
PeaceHealth’s community of health care professionals in the Vancouver area include PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital with complete services, and PeaceHealth Medical Group, a multi-specialty group serving communities throughout Clark County.
PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.