PeaceHealth is seeking a Pre Surgery Coordinator - General Surgery for a Full Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.99, more depending on experience.
Responsible for assisting physicians, physician assistants and nurses in the scheduling of surgical procedures and/or other procedures and tests for patients. Will perform duties of Patient Access Rep as needed.
- Supports patients and families in understanding the course for pre-operative preparations and testing.
- Completes the scheduling process by coordinating patient, surgery department (hospital and ambulatory surgery center), managed care, physician offices and pre-admission testing needs. This includes communicating with hospital surgery scheduling department to assure hospital scheduling system is accurate. Ensures the process is completed for patient in a timely manner ahead of surgery date.
- Schedules pre-op visits, surgery and post-op visits as required.
- Arranges cases to assure maximum effectiveness of surgeon and assistant surgeon or midwife.
- Coordinates with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility, including prior authorization of procedures.
- Perform duties of a Patient Access Rep as needed. Assists and backs up support areas as needed/applicable (i.e. financial counseling for patient insurance coverage pre-authorization).
- May be responsible for reviewing electronic chart transcription to support the goals of helping lower risk management situations, allowing procedures to be scheduled in a timely manner and to provide cases to be managed in the computer programs designed to prevent missed appointments, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Medical terminology required.
- Minimum of three years experience in a hospital or ambulatory care setting or three years progressive secretarial experience in healthcare.
- Previous pre-surgery coordinator experience in a surgical ambulatory care setting or acute care setting is preferred.
- Experience in CareCast/EPIC is preferred.
- No license/certification required.
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Courteous, professional, customer service and mission oriented attitude
- Proficient typing skills
- Advanced computer knowledge, i.e. – Microsoft Office applications. Experience with scheduling programs preferred.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Clinic schedulers may be responsible for providing coverage for hospital OR based scheduling.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.