PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgery Scheduler for the OB/GYN clinic . Hourly compensation starts at $19.37, more depending on experience.
This relief position works as needed - generally 0-20 hours per week.
Responsible for assisting physician offices in the scheduling of surgical procedures for patients while providing the Surgical Services division, PFS, Anesthesiology and other required departments with required information.
- Completes the scheduling process by coordinating surgery department (hospital or ambulatory surgery center) and physician offices’ needs. This includes: communicating with physician offices to assure scheduling system is accurate: ensuring the schedule is completed in a timely manner ahead of surgery date; documenting block release times for block utilization reports.
- Schedules surgery visits as required.
- Arranges cases to assure maximum effectiveness of schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Medical terminology required.
- Minimum of three years related experience in a healthcare setting or three years progressive secretarial experience in healthcare required.
- Previous experience in a surgical ambulatory care or acute care setting and/or a scheduling position preferred.
- Experience in Care Cast/Flow Cast preferred.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications. Experience with scheduling programs preferred.
- Detail oriented and good problem-solving skills.
PHMG PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift object weighing up to 10 lbs occasionally
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Work may require exposure to minor cold or environmental conditions on infrequent occasion.
- Work requires intense concentration and attention to detail 80-100% of the time. Work may require rotating shifts and hours per day.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.