Join our team of Respiratory Therapists in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! Full, Part Time & Per Diem positions available.
PeaceHealth, based in the Pacific Northwest is a nonprofit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 physicians and providers, and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest.
Our team of Respiratory Therapists serve all clinical floors including our Intensive Care Unit and Emergency Department performing, intubations, arterial line placement and advanced Diagnostic bronchoscopies.
What our Respiratory Therapists enjoy:
- State of the art Respiratory equipment
- Respiratory driven protocols
- Respiratory Care career ladder program
PeaceHealth proudly provides:
- Robust Benefits
- Certification Pay
- Relocation assistance
- Sign on bonus
Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
Detailed responsibilities: Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
- Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
- Participates in in-house educational in-services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and work-shops, as requested by Manager.
- Participates in various intermittent department tasks including; audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
- Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics and radiology findings. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway and life support.
- May act as a member of trauma, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rapid response teams.
- May become trained as a core therapist in an ICU or diagnostics area (e.g. PFT or Sleep Lab) to meet department needs.
- Responsible for ventilator and Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NPPV) management including ensuring safe, evidences based setting with appropriate changes.
- PALS, ACLS, and BLS are all required upon hire. NRP certification must be obtained within 6 months of date of hire.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements. Must pass the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist exam within 6 months of hire. (Not applicable to PeaceHealth Southwest Clinic setting).
- Respiratory Care Practitioner - Washington
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
Hospital or Sleep Center setting:
- Two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred.-Experience in ICU, NICU, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics preferred.
- Two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred.
- Experience in ICU, NICU, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Must be able to set up, operate, and trouble shoot all respiratory or pulmonary function related equipment, as applicable, in a quick and efficient manner.
- Must be able to quickly assess acute, critical care situations and respond with a decisive and appropriate course of action.
- Good time management skills.
Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants, extreme cold or heat, sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.