PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Strategy - Enterprise Planning, for a Full Time, Day position.
Seeking a Director of Strategy – Enterprise Planning to:
Direct, control and be accountable for leading the strategic enterprise planning initiatives and activities across PeaceHealth. In addition, serves as the strategy leader for the assigned network. Develops long and short-term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction. Ensures quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
Plans and manages the annual planning process and provides high level strategy monitoring, project and portfolio management, and enterprise risk and scenario planning to facilitate and direct the decision making of PeaceHealth’s growth initiatives, including new ventures. Ensures understanding of the organizational business, strategic and operational planning needs in support of the Mission, Vision and Values of PeaceHealth.
- Provides knowledge, leadership, facilitation, communication, and project structure/plan to drive effective, efficient and collaborative enterprise planning initiatives, information, reports, and projects.
- Collaborates as a thought partner with Network leadership and stakeholders to understand challenges, formulate creative options and implement measurable solutions to drive growth opportunities.
- Plans and manages the annual planning process at the system and network levels.
- Partners with the strategy department leadership and strategic intelligence team to develop and prepare all necessary materials for strategy meetings. Serves as facilitator for strategy development meetings.
- Partners and collaborates with the Strategic Intelligence team to incorporate these into the budget.
- Works with consultants to manage consulting engagements related to strategic plans. Serves as the point person for strategic data requests for outside to develop financial projections associated with the integrated strategic and financial plan and consulting firms, working with necessary leaders and analysts to harvest information in an appropriate timeframe.
- Manages the strategy execution software tool and ensures appropriate utilization. Gathers performance data to ensure successful execution of strategies. Escalates off-track strategic initiatives. Generates reports and dashboards to show strategic progress.
- Drives forward the portfolio of strategic projects. Manages select strategic initiatives on an as-needed basis. Works with internal and external subject matter experts to execute partnership and affiliation deals as directed by leadership.
- Through the planning process, ensures that adequate scenario planning is performed and organized. Engages with the risk team in understanding organizational risks that may impact strategy execution.
- Supervises assigned caregivers; to include hire, train, mentor, corrective actions, work schedules, time off requests, and performance evaluations. Assists with department budget, tracking expenditures, purchase of office supplies, etc. with budget authority as delegated for assigned areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field required.
- Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-yrs of management experience is required.
- Minimum of 7-yrs of strategic planning, consulting and/or business development experience is required.
- Experience working in a high performing culture and matrix structure required.
- Hospital or health care related administration experience preferred.
- Experience working with leadership in large, complex not-for-profit healthcare organization preferred.
- Experience in leading and implementing joint ventures, alliances, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions preferred.
- Consulting experience is preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Ability to act in a consulting capacity.
- Ability to formulate and operationalize new concepts and ideas for improvement.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple demands and short time frames.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.