PeaceHealth is seeking a Cardiovascular Technologist - Cath Lab for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.47, more depending on experience.
Uses a variety of specialized equipment in assisting the physician in the performance of all invasive procedures resulting in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac and peripheral vascular disease.
- Assists physician in performing invasive procedures. Performs related radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging techniques to demonstrate catheter location, position and document findings.
- Scrubs in for handling guide wires, catheter, administering contrast injections, and flushing catheters.
- Performs pre-procedural patient care activities.
- Monitors and records patient’s condition and procedures’ progress. Retrieves and reviews patient data.
- Prepares and maintains sterile field.
- Operates and maintains clinical equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited Cardiovascular Secondary Education Program or Graduate from an approved Radiology Technology Program or a combination of education and experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job and obtain required certification, licensure and registration.
- Two years of clinical experience in Cardiac Cath Lab required or equivalent.
- Prefer previous experience working in a hospital setting.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for a radiologic technologist.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ALCS certification must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills required.
- Complete understanding of vascular and related organ anatomy.
- Ability to interact within a variable environment; good team dynamics.
- Ability to multi-task and self-lead problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate precision and flexibility.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per day or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.