This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4596
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Coord Rehab Services - Home & Community Care for a Full Time, Day position.
The clinical coordinator is a leadership team member; the coordinator supports and directs staff members in providing patient care. Is responsible for excellent customer service, a commitment to quality improvement, and understanding of and response to clinical and business trends in the therapy field. Assures effective utilization of resources. Independent decision making is expected in the execution of routine duties. Collaborative professional teamwork will include contact with patients, families, visitors, physicians, co-workers, ancillary staff and volunteers.
Responsible for evaluation, treatment, plan of care direction, and goals of patients referred for discipline specific therapy i.e. physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, overseeing any care delegated to assistants. Coordinates operational, staffing, training, and program development aspects of the multidisciplinary department. Acts as a liaison with referral sources and other departments to assure satisfaction and communication for effective services. Coaches and mentors staff in professional growth and goal achievement and assists manager/director with recruitment and retention activities.
1. Works closed with the Director/Manager and other clinical coordinators to ensure the efficient and effective operation of physical rehab therapies areas as a whole.
2 Coordinates staffing and scheduling within the department and with other therapy departments.
3. Involved in hiring, performance assessment, coaching/mentoring; completes and review annual performance assessments; facilitates orientation of new staff.
4. Assists in assessing clinical competency and in developing clinical protocols.
5 Responsible for ensuring staff adherence to department policies and procedures including documentation, mandatory training and in-services, and regulatory compliance.
6 Attends and develops the agenda for regular staff meetings and is responsible for a high level of communication with staff.
7. Collaborates with other departments in meeting the needs of patients, families and other healthcare providers to ensure seamless transition of patient care.
8. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, physicians, physician’s offices and other departments. Provides first line of complaint and incident reporting and response.
9. Responsible for management of financial and physical assets. Makes preliminary budgetary recommendations.
10. Evaluates patients; plans and implements specific treatment programs for patients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of Physical Therapy program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), an Occupational Therapy program accredited by the National Board of Certification for Occupational Therapy (NBCOT), or of a Speech and Language Pathology program accredited by the American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA) required.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.