Job ID: 4348
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinical Data Abstractor - Quality Outcomes for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for abstracting and/or auditing a large volume of clinical case records, data, or other information within established deadlines in support of PeaceHealth’s quality assessment and performance improvement program and compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements. Applies clinical training, knowledge and clinical experience in the review of moderate to highly complex clinical information from individual patient records and other sources to abstract data elements for clinical registries and to ensure compliance with standards of care, policies and procedures, regulations or accreditation requirements. Produce reports addressing variances from established standards, and identify significant data trends, outlier values or unusual data for additional review by physicians, clinical value improvement staff and/or leadership. Responsible for the integrity of the reported data.
1. Manage, schedule and receive patient records for abstracting from multiple PeaceHealth hospitals; abstract moderate to highly complex clinical data using established definitions and abstraction guidelines; maintain an abstracting volume to meet internal and external reporting deadlines.
2. Enter abstracted data into the appropriate registry or third-party vendor software within the established deadlines for data submission.
3. Conduct or coordinate audits of patient records or other information to support the quality assurance and performance improvement program in each PeaceHealth community and evaluate compliance with established standards and/or regulatory and accreditation requirements.
4. Identify potential areas of concern/interest; interpret actual trends and develop reports that display variances from established standards of care or regulatory standards; summarize findings and draw conclusions; maintain ongoing variance reports and communicate findings to provider, clinical value improvement caregivers and/or leadership in a timely manner; work with providers to interpret data trends and/or variances.
5. Maintain accuracy in abstraction by following published guidelines and abstraction specifications; maintain accuracy and integrity of audit information by following standards and guidelines; facilitate and participate in quality assurance audits of abstracted/audited data to ensure a high level of inter-rater reliability among the clinical data abstractor team and achievement of acceptable validation results from external audits.
6. Create case finding or internal audit reports in an acceptable format for additional review by providers, clinical value improvement caregivers and/or leadership.
7. Participates in teleconferences, webinars, and/or onsite educational opportunities. Share knowledge with clinical value improvement caregivers and teams.
8. Create and support an environment that fosters and supports teamwork; works collaboratively with providers, clinical value improvement caregivers, health information management, and operational leaders.
9. Participate in team or committee meetings to present and discuss data and identify trends as appropriate.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.