PeaceHealth is seeking a New Patient Coordinator in the Medical Group for a per diem/relief, day shift position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.69, more depending on experience.
Responsible for the coordination of new patients, through employer groups, to PeaceHealth. Assists with transition of new employer groups to PeaceHealth services.
- Schedules and coordinates all aspects of on-site visits to employer groups.
- Reaches out to all eligible employees of the employer group, onsite or via phone, e-mail and mail, providing them with a new member packet and other information on PeaceHealth services.
- Collects basic member information and documents in EMR as appropriate.
- Works with employer Human Resources services to provide information on related insurance plans, benefits and coverage for PeaceHealth services.
- Coordinates care for individuals of the employer group utilizing PeaceHealth services as assigned.
- This includes patient navigation and recommendations for preventive, acute and chronic care needs.
- Assists with scheduling patient appointments.
- Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
- Communicates appropriately with all customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Minimum of one year of medical office or related experience required.
- Strong background in customer service may be considered in lieu of medical office or related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD coding preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) required.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.