PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - ICU for a Full Time, Variable Residency position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.83, more depending on experience.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. Management of ventriculostomy, EVD, and ICP. Nursing care of patients with non-traumatic ICH, non-traumatic SAH, seizures. Nursing care of patients post tPA, thrombectomy, aneurysm coiling, carotid artery stenting and intra-cranial stenting. Management of blood pressure abnomalities with parenteral vasoactive agents. Completion of complex neurological assessments/scales.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse license required by date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Must be a new graduate RN in order to qualify.
- BSN preferred.
- CCRN preferred.
- Must function independently with more advanced treatments, procedures and equipment such as stable ventilated patients, central lines, arterial pressure lines, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
- ACLS must be obtained within six months from date of hire.
- TNCC must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire. Following the initial certification, caregivers will receive 4 CEU continuing education credits per year for trauma requirements.
- NIHSS within 6 months of hire and recertification every 2 years required
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures Basic computer skills
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.