PeaceHealth is seeking candidates for a Manager of Environmental Services position at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. This is a Full Time exempt position that will manage the 24/7 staff and operation of the environmental services department. Requires environmental services experience in a healthcare setting.
Manages the coordination of the activities of the Environmental Services department with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignment in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
This position is responsible to ensure that the facilities are maintained in a sanitary, attractive, and orderly condition to meet regulatory, state and local standards.
- Manage daily operations including resources management. Supervise staff, monitor and prioritize workflow. Manage the selection, training, development and evaluation of assigned staff. This includes participating in hiring, firing, and staff performance/competency evaluations. Formulate, plan for and direct in service training and educational programs for department staff.
- Serve as liaison between Environmental Services department and other units to insure the department is serving the customers in a timely, efficient and cost productive manner. Represent EVS at interdepartmental meeting (i.e.: safety, infection control and any other applicable committee meeting).
- Define, maintain records and purchase department equipment and needs. Ensures regular maintenance on equipment to maintain safety standards. Keep abreast of new equipment and technology to assess effectiveness and efficiency of equipment, products and safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and organizational/departmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in the budget development, monitoring financial performance process and establish and monitor excellent vender relationships and contracts for outsourced services.
- Monitor performance indicators for service levels and develop and implement performance improvement actions and identify opportunities to enhance customer service through improved processes. Identify projects for improvement and manage all approved projects through implementation and support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience that includes environmental services experience in a healthcare setting.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience required, to include supervisory experience in institutional environmental services.
- Hospital experience preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer services skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.