This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4289
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Per Diem - Relief
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Select benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Food Service Assistant for a per diem position in the Kitchen at Southwest Medical Center. Hourly compensation starts at $14.24, more depending on experience, as well as per diem differential.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks which includes preparation, service, clean-up and delivery of food products in support of hospital food and catering service operations using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling.
* Follow guidelines for assigned station set-up and clean-up.
* May act as cafeteria cashier/running the cash register.
* Operate dish machine, wash pots and perform heavy cleaning duties following safety and sanitation guidelines.
* Prepare, mix, assemble, portion, serve and store food following applicable guidelines.
* Transport equipment, food, supplies and trash as directed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma
Education equivalent experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Food Handlers Card - Washington
-Minimum of one year previous work experience preferred. Retail food service experience preferred.
-Strong customer service skills
-Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation
-Ability to work well with others
-Ability to effectively communicate in order to effectively and safely perform the functions of this role
Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments; or dangerous equipment. Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time). Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.