PeaceHealth is seeking a System Dir Post-Acute Care for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for leading and managing the PeaceHealth Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) Post-Acute Care relationships and Collaborative (PACC).Coordinates all strategic and operational initiatives related to PeaceHealth’s CIN post-acute care continuum.
- Develops the vision for post-acute care in collaboration with PeaceHealth system leadership in accordance with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Leads the mobilization and ongoing execution of PeaceHealth’s post-acute care strategy across the PeaceHealth system ensuring that all strategic and operational initiatives meet the needs of PeaceHealth populations while achieving quality aims, strategic goals, and clinical outcomes set by the organization.
- Leads the Post-Acute Care (PAC) Management team in day-to-day operations and management of the PACC. Oversees the post-acute care managers in each network and ensuring they follow care review and care utilization review standards for all CIN patients currently in post-acute care.
- Mobilizes and optimizes PeaceHealth’s Post-Acute Care Collaborative across each region in order to maintain positive and highly functional relationships with post-acute care partners
- Provides strategic and operational leadership to improve post-acute care performance and sustainability.
- Develops and implements the staffing, education, mentoring, information technology, and data needed to enable post-acute care teams to successfully provide patient care.
- Works collaboratively with the Home and Community System Director and Post-Acute Medical Director to make sure that CIN patients have access to appropriate levels of Post-Acute care services and that these services meet the quality standards set forth by the CIN.
- Collaborates and communicates with care managers, physicians, and system leaders while developing, implementing, and operating the post-acute care program at the system level.
- Oversees and coordinates with the PACC managers to review quality metrics to support continuous improvement on the prioritized post-acute performance metrics. Collaborates with the Post-Acute Physician Medical Director, once appointed, in executing the post-acute strategy and operational plan.
- Analyzes data to set priorities for the system and regions to achieve quality and cost of care impact and results. Creates reports to synthesize and capture collaborative efforts of the regions to advance the post-acute strategy.
- Leads quarterly PACC meetings to align on strategic goals, quality metrics and performance across the PACC. Leads annual review of the PACC for yearly performance evaluation and reassessment of collaborative membership.
- Evaluates opportunities for and advises senior leadership on joint ventures, partnerships, and collaboration opportunities in the post-acute space.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a clinical discipline or healthcare related field required. Business or healthcare administration degree will be considered with applicable experience.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in healthcare leadership.
- Significant experience in a post-acute care management role.
- Experience in more than one post-acute program (SNF, IRF, LTAC, Home Health, Hospice) required.
- Experience with value-based programs for Clinically Integrated Networks, Care Management, Utilization Management, MSSPs/ACO’s or similar programs.
- Licensure or Registration required for an applicable degree (e.g. PT, OT, ST, HFA, or RN)
- Skill and experience managing complex, high-profile projects with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of value-based care, clinical integration and ambulatory operations.
- Strong financial acumen and experience with budget creation and quality metrics management.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including health system leadership, community physicians and all levels of leadership across PeaceHealth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate others.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.