PeaceHealth is seeking a Ophthalmic Assistant for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.69, more depending on experience.
Responsible for assisting the Ophthalmologist or Optometrist in providing office based patient care as directed. Responsible for performing all clerical and information technology functions for the physician during patient visits in the clinic. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health record and electronic dictation system. Required to anticipate physician needs to facilitate the flow of clinic. Must be discreet, tactful, and modest in performance of duties so as not to distract medical staff from patient care.
- Room patients, obtain medical history, and update patient’s record.
- Perform testing as required and/or directed including refraction as necessary.
- Record data for physician during visit. Accompanies physician/provider during the patient examination in order to transcribe in the medical record (EMR) the nature of the patient visit. This includes accurately and thoroughly documenting medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician.
- Collect, organize and catalog data for physician quality reporting system and other quality improvement efforts and format for submission. Assist in developing and maintaining systems to track patient follow up and compliance.
- Perform dictation/faxing/phone calls and other related clerical tasks.
- Prepare exam rooms. Room stocking, maintaining inventory of supplies.
- Contact lens dispensing, instill ocular medications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Completion of an anatomy and/or medical terminology class preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in an office based ophthalmology practice preferred.
- Ophthalmic Scribe Certification (OCS) through JCAHPO or Scribe Certification through American College of Medical Scribe Specialists (ACMSS) required within a year of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Recognition of the physical exam process and ability to record exams in detail.
- Computer proficiency including MS Office and the ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Ability to use office equipment and phone systems.
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Ability to problem solve, organize and set work priorities with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals and within different environments.
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
- Ability to multi-task.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHMG Eye Care – Vancouver:
- MA-R (Medical Assistant Registered – Washington) required within 120 days of hire (applied for by Clinic upon hire).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.