PeaceHealth is seeking a Healthcare Quality Data Scientist for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for the analysis of diverse healthcare quality performance data from many different data systems.
Analyzes, understands and communicates results providing recommendations to Quality VP for prioritization of improvement work. Conduct a variety of statistical analyses and translating data into accurate and actionable information through reports, presentations, and other formats for internal and external customers. Coordinate simple to complex analytical projects/processes in areas such as continuous improvement, clinical effectiveness, patient safety, and external reporting.
Accountable for reviewing, validating and reporting areas of excellence across all hospital improvement activities.
Accountable to develop quality measure requirements and collaborate with IST to develop robust Business Intelligence Strategy for Quality. Manage, validate and communicate data for internal and external reporting systems that supports the organization wide quality improvement, patient safety, and regulatory reporting requirements.
Experts for PeaceHealth in data collection methodologies, measurement development, interpretation, statistical analysis, statistical process control, and presentation.
- Develop standard scorecards, to meet all required quality reporting metrics (regulatory, incentive and penalty programs, pay for performance) across inpatient and outpatient services.
- Educate leaders, teams, and other key stakeholders leading to standardized, aligned, measurement and reporting to support the quality improvement initiatives of the organization and external regulatory reporting.
- Develop expert understanding of key healthcare business processes, quality program requirements, measure specifications, and key business strategies in order to formulate appropriate study questions for analysis, identify key drivers and relationships to outcomes, identify and prioritize data needs and sources, accurately transform, cleanse, and share data utilizing appropriate software and statistical methods throughout the analytic process. Document and report findings in a manner that turns relevant data into insights that help inform decision making to support healthcare improvement.
- Proactive expert recommendations to VP and System Director on CMS upcoming penalty, incentive and required reporting. Position PeaceHealth to be ready for new mandatory programs. Monitor, analyze, and communicate changes in standards or regulatory requirements related to external reporting and quality reporting systems.
- Partner with Quality leadership to determine whether a request is amenable to an analytic solution, recommend, develop and implement systems, procedures, and forms that enable PeaceHealth to effectively collect, manage and display data
- Expertise in data visualization and integrity, leading to effective understanding and improvement across PeaceHealth.
- Develop presentations, reports and dashboards for System and Community Leadership including tables, charts, and graphs to present complex data in a format that is both useful and understandable.
- Manage technical, data management, and other processes related to the flow of data in and out of vendor software, registries, and internal/external reporting systems.
- Promote highly reliable performance measurement and reporting programs through the use of standard measurement, processes, tools and approaches, consistent interpretation of data and definitions, and adherence to rules and regulations for reporting requirements across the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Predictive Analytics or relevant field required or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- PhD preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in performance measurement, continuous improvement, data reporting and/or data analysis.
- Minimum three years related experience in a healthcare setting; preferably hospital or health system- related.
- CPHQ preferred
- Certified Analytics Professional or similar certification preferred
- Excellent knowledge of drivers of national quality requirements including but not limited to CMS, AHRQ and State Hospital Associations
- Strong programming skills for pulling data, quantifying and visualizing results
- Expertise in Quality Business Intelligence and Data Visualization Tools (i.e. Tableau)
- Excellent leadership skills in the areas of expertise, including project management, and prioritization.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Knowledge of statistical methods
- Advanced statistical, analytical, and data integration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with proficiency in all other Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to measure historical performance, apply learnings to forecast future trends and utilization behavior.
SYSTEM PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.