PeaceHealth is seeking a Purchasing Assistant - Supply Chain Operations for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.99, more depending on experience.
Purchasing Assistant is responsible for providing daily support to the purchasing team, by assisting with pricing, customer service, projects, and reporting. Supports customer service for Purchasing and Supply Chain departments.
- Respond to customer communications both phone and email regarding accounts, orders and requests for Purchasing.
- Expedite orders and/or works with appropriate Buyer to ensure urgent needs are met. Assist Buyers with report management upon request or as needed.
- Use electronic systems to generate reports and communicate with Buyers or others as requested. Report on metrics and department projects and goals. May research and resolve discrepancies.
- Support project work for the department.
- Identify opportunities to simply and/or improve processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum three years of applicable experience in a professional environment/setting required.
- Experience in purchasing, accounts payable or other Supply Chain experience is preferred.
- Purchasing and/or other Supply Chain experience in the Healthcare environment preferred.
- Experience with medical supplies is preferred.
- Experience in MMIS (materials management information systems) preferred.
- SharePoint and MSOffice expertise preferred.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications as required.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule
- Ability to set priorities and respond quickly to urgent requests
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Is a team player, supportive of organizational success
- Experience with medical products a benefit
- Advanced customer services skills
SYSTEM PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.