This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4599
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Coder I - Home & Community Care Admin for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $20.88, more depending on experience.
Utilizing knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, coding software, coding conventions, local medical review policy, APC's and hospital procedures, this position is responsible for providing coding for inpatient and/or outpatient medical records with the ICD-10-CM and CPT4 coding classification systems to ensure accurate, complete and consistent coding for quality data.
1. Review medical record documentation and accurately code the diagnoses and procedures using ICD-10-CM and CPT4 coding conventions for the purpose of reimbursement, research, and compliance with federal regulations.
2. Review the medical record to assure specificity of diagnoses, procedures and appropriate/optimal reimbursement for hospital and/or professional charges.
3. Abstract information form medical records following established methods and procedures.
4. Identify problem documents and work with submitting departments to correct errors.
5. Understands the basics of “authorization to release information”.
6. Responds to other departments who use coded information, verifies codes and charges assigned by other departments for accuracy. May enter charge information when appropriate.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of one year directly related work experience abstracting and coding information using ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding systems preferred.
SYSTEM PHYSICAL/COGNTIVE REQUIREMENTS:
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.