Job ID: 5446
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager HIM Operations for a Full Time, Day position.
Manages the coordination of the activities of a business unit or department with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Manages the HIM Operations teams. Collaborates with experts for policy design and implementation of standard work processes which are in alignment with regulatory requirements and state and federal laws.
1. Manages the organization’s various HIM teams (Chart Correction, Birth Certificates, Chart Integrity, Chart Corrections, Transcription and Document Management), assuring the programs are lean, efficient, compliant, responsive and positioned to meet or exceed service level agreements (SLAs) related to turnaround times required by state law and company policy.
2. Manages daily operations staff including, staffing, scheduling, and resource allocation. Develops, implements, monitors goals, objectives, and quality standards.
3. Recommends selection of caregivers. Monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop caregivers. Provides meaningful and constructive feedback. Coordinates the use of Corrective Action Plans for benchmark outliers.
4. Monitors HIM Operations services, develops quality and performance indicators, gathers data for analysis as well as ensures continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources.
5. Manages operational performance including quality, service environment, and regulatory compliance within assigned areas. Applies knowledge of regulatory requirements and state laws related to release of information, privacy, and organizational integrity.
6. Links mission into day-to-day work in service to our patients, families, providers, and caregivers. Creates and supports an environment that fosters collaboration, teamwork, and customer service excellence.
7. Works to meet organizational/departmental targets, monitors budget variances, and recommends or develops plans for improvement.
8. Facilitates problem solving and decisions regarding computerized systems, operational issues, and caregiver management issues.
9. Utilizes metrics, data and analytics to measure and deliver performance that meet or exceed best practice national benchmarks in the management of the HIM functional area
10. Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services and operations of the department.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.